By market cap, XRP ranks among the top cryptocurrencies in the world, making it one of the most traded crypto assets.
Since storing your XRP investment is more important than buying it, the search for the best XRP wallet for UK traders continues to be a controversial topic, especially for new traders.
During the bull markets in 2018, XRP enjoyed a good uptrend ride to about $3.84. However, its price is much lower at the time of writing.
Meanwhile, even the bearish market condition can’t discourage the loyal XRP holders from looking for the best XRP wallet to store their investment as they hope its price will skyrocket one day.
If you’re a new or experienced trader looking for the best XRP wallet that is GBP-compatible, you’re at the right place.
This guide will cover things that new and potential XRP traders must consider before choosing an XRP wallet.
Also, it will cover our recommended list of the best XRP wallets for UK traders to help you make your choice easy.
Criteria for Choosing the Best XRP Wallet for UK Traders
The criteria for choosing suitable crypto depends solely on the type of coin you’re investing in and your objectives.
Day-to-day crypto traders must use a wallet with fast, unrestricted access that will allow them to trade conveniently. For this, you can use a PC or mobile-based hot wallet.
However, cold storage is recommended if you’re a long-term holder who wants to benefit from price yield. Cold wallets are usually offline and, therefore, impossible to hack, unlike hot wallets.
Meanwhile, it is recommended not to use an inbuilt exchange wallet or other custodial wallets to store your coins. This is because most of these exchanges are susceptible to hacking and cyber-attacks. Since your coins are not in your control, they may be easily stolen.
Once you’ve noted the criteria, it’s time to look at the best XRP wallet for UK traders, including those that support GBP.
5 Best XRP Wallets
1. Ledger Nano Wallet – Hardware Wallet
Ledger wallets are cold hardware wallets that come in two main types; the Ledger Nano X and the Ledger Nano S wallets. Both devices are useful for storing XRP safely without any security concerns.
However, Nano X is preferable due to its better user interface.
Moreover, the Ledger Nano X costs twice as much as the Nano S counterpart. It should be noted that both devices use Bluetooth to allow a safe connection to the app, through which you can store or transfer your coins.
Other than ARM processors, It is compatible with most PC and mobile devices, including 64-bits PC that is running Windows 8+, macOS 10.10+, and Linux devices.
You can also use smartphones that run Android 7+ or iOS 9+ to access your coins. Another perk of using the Ledger Wallet series is that you can store more than 1,250 different tokens and coins without the fear of losing them.
- Ledger Nano X is easy to use. Even its Bluetooth feature makes it convenient to carry anywhere since you’ll be using a smartphone to control and manage your coins. Meanwhile, you can also connect to your PC or mobile devices with a connection cable.
- In addition, the Ledger series features a certified secure chip. Therefore, it provides the highest level of security for your assets. Also, your private keys are completely offline.
- It is compatible with all types of mobile and computer devices.
- Ledger’s has a fiat to crypto exchange, Coinify. However, since the exchange does not support XRP, you can only buy it from elsewhere and send it to your Ledger wallet.
- The device is not compatible with receiving several small volume transfers for miners. Additionally, assets with extremely small volumes can sit without being processed for a long time.
2. Trezor Model T – Hardware Wallet
Trezor Model T is another highly secured hardware wallet that was launched in 2018. It supports thousands of cryptocurrencies, including XRP. It also has a lower version, the Trezor One, which doesn’t support holding XRP coins. Therefore, it is not useful in this case.
- This wallet features Simplex and Changelly, which support GBP fiat currency.
- It has a better user interface than Ledger wallets.
- Apart from being one of the best XRP wallets, it is an excellent cold storage option to store crypto assets.
3. Atomic Wallet – Desktop and Mobile Wallet
In contrast to Ledger and Trezor wallets, the Atomic wallet has gained trust and popularity as a highly secured desktop wallet. Launched in 2018, the wallet supports more than 300 cryptocurrencies.
It is available on all desktop operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Fedora, Linux, Ubuntu, and Debian.
Meanwhile, Atomic wallet is another best XRP wallet, especially for UK users, as it provides GBP support via its exchange partner, Changelly.
Therefore, you can swap GBP for XRP securely from your desktop with Atomic wallet. You can also transfer your assets securely and privately.
The good news is that the Atomic wallet is also available for mobile users. However, since it is a hot wallet, cold wallets storage like Trezor and Ledger are still more suitable.
- Safely protects your private keys by storing them away from your desktop.
- Supports GBP transactions, which is especially important for UK users.
- Apart from XRP, the Atomic wallet supports a wide range of crypto assets.
- An exorbitant fee of up to 7.1% on crypto purchases.
4. Bithomp – Paper Wallet
Bithomp is a special wallet. Since it is a paper wallet, it isn’t as popular as the wallets mentioned above.
As we know, there are two types of wallets: cold and hot wallets in hardware and devices, however, paper wallets are perhaps the most secure means of storing crypto assets and they are only suitable for long-term holders.
With Bithomp, you can create a paper wallet that you can use to buy XRP. Then, you can send your assets via a QR code or a generated address for your paper wallet.
- As long as you protect the paper from water and fire, it remains the safest means of storing your coins.
- It is susceptible to physical damage, fire, or complete displacement, especially if it is stored in only one location.
5. Coinomi – Desktop and Mobile Wallet
Launched in 2014, Coinomi is an open-source wallet for all desktop and mobile devices. It is compatible with all PC operating systems as well as Android or iOS for mobile devices.
- It is easy to set up and has an easy-to-use interface.
- It supports GBP and makes an ideal wallet for UK users.
- It supports more than 125 cryptocurrencies and countless tokens
- It is an open-source wallet. Thus, unlike custodial wallets, any technical issue will take longer to resolve.
Tips on How to Store XRP Safely
- Use reliable and trusted wallets only. You can check the lists of the recommended wallets above. You can also check them out via the attached links as well.
- Always ensure you thoroughly check wallet addresses when making transactions. Hackers can replace wallet addresses via clipboard malware.
- Ensure you backup your private keys and phrase words securely in different locations
As noted in the article, cold storage wallets are the best wallet to store your XRP and other cryptocurrencies.
However, if you’re a frequent trader looking for a secured hot wallet, the ones recommended in this guide will be perfect for your needs.
Also, if you live in the UK, the best XRP wallets for UK traders will help you securely store your crypto assets.
Using this, you can store away your coins with peace of mind and sell them in the future while earning from their price yield.